Season 2 Episode 3 | Matcha Cupcakes
by Halalfoodhunt Jul 31, 2015
We go crazy with Japanese flavours, especially with our very own Matcha cupcakes recipe. Fluffy, light with a hint of your favourite green tea, this batch of cupcakes is hands down a crowd pleaser.
- 225 Grams Unsalted Butter
- 475 Grams Caster Sugar
- 4 Pieces Eggs
- 710 Grams Plain Flour
- 15 Grams Baking Powder
- 120 Millilitres Full Cream Milk
- 30 Grams Matcha Tea Powder
- 5 Grams Baking Soda
- 5 Grams Salt
- 120 Millilitres Whipping Cream
- 10 Teaspoons Vanilla Essence
- 5 Teaspoons Matcha Tea Powder
- 30 Tablespoon Caster Sugar
- Beat butter until soft.
- Add sugar on medium high till light and fluffy.
- Add 2 full eggs and 2 yolks in gradually.
- Sift flour, salt, baking powder, baking soda and matcha powder together.
- Add flour mixture to the butter and sugar.
- Pour milk slowly into the batter and mix till well combined.
- Line muffin tray with cupcake liners.
- Scoop batter into prepared cupcake liners.
- Bake for 20 to 25 minutes or until a skewer comes out clean. Let cool.
- Beat whipping cream on high till soft peaks.
- Add sugar, matcha tea powder and vanilla essence.
- Whip till stiff peaks.
- Spoon whipping cream into piping bag and pipe cupcakes as desired.
WANT TO SEE MORE OF SUCH ARTICLES? SUPPORT US!
halalfoodhunt.com is a website listing verified Muslim-owned or Halal Certified food businesses. We started out educating halal foodies on how to know if a food is halal or not when there are no halal certifications. As we received so many enquiries on whether a food business is halal or not, we created halalfoodhunt.com, while letting halal foodies know about the myriad of options open to them! It is a website created and self-funded by local Singaporean Muslims for the Singaporean Muslim community.
If you like what we do, get yourself a FRIENDS Card! The FRIENDS Card allows you to get exclusive deals, invites and savings of between 10-20% at over 60 halal food businesses in Singapore, for only $18/year, including halal restaurants, cafes, bakeries including online e-commerce businesses in Singapore. We want to encourage foodies to explore eating at new halal places. So if you like what we do and want to support us, get a FRIENDS Card for yourself!