Singaporeans, You Can't Vote for the U.S. Elections but you can Vote for The Best Satay in Singapore this Saturday.
by Halalfoodhunt Oct 21, 2016
The team behind halalfoodhunt.com has worked hard in partnership with Singapore Kindness Movement and ieatishootipost to bring to you this 22nd October 2016, an evening of good food, camaraderie and fun at Urban Kampung! On this day, satay stalls from around the island will compete for the title of the Ultimate Satay Master in a cook-off, reliving the good ol’ days of the Old Satay Club at Queen Elizabeth Walk. Join us for a time of picnic-style get together (and show off your quirky picnic mats), while you enjoy piping hot satay prepared by the Satay Masters.
Who are the contenders?
Stall 1: Haron Satay
Location: Stall 55, East Coast Lagoon Food Village, 1220 East Coast Parkway, 46896
Hours: Everyday 2–11PM, Closed on Monday
Phone: 6441 0495
Stall 2: Jamil Saté Classic
Click on this link for their order form and full info on their platters and bentos!
Stall 3: Salam Satay Inc
Stall 4: Satay Power 6
Stall 5: The Hungry Bazterdz
Stall 6: The Ugly Duckling
The Ugly Duckling is currently a roving food business managed by The Sunday Market and are Muslim-owned. They will be serving up duck satay and wagyu beef satay!
Stall 7: Lina Satay
Location: 67 Sungei Tengah Road. Singapore 699008
Stall 8: Kam Satay
Address: #01-24, 2 Changi Village Rd
Hours: Open Thursday to Sunday 6PM - 12AM. Closed Monday-Wednesday
Four titles are up for grabs by the Satay Masters:
1. Ultimate Satay
2. Best Satay Meat
3. Best Satay Sauce
4. Mystery Prize $1000 cheque for each title to be won!
50% of the decision comes from public ticketed voters, and 50% comes from judges:
1. Dr William Wan, General Secretary of Singapore Kindness Movement
2. Chef Kamal Fondueman from Singapore Halal Culinary Federation
3. Dr Leslie Tay from ieatishootipost.com
4. Adam Shah from The Halal Food Blog
Besides this event being about satays, it's also an opportunity for you and your non-Malay friends to ask us about why Malays do the things we do, or why Muslims do the things we do.
Ever wondered what the dos and don’ts at a Malay wedding are? Or what makes teriyaki sauce non-halal? Get these burning questions off your chest and learn about the Malay-Muslim culture at the carnival. You can also try your hands at traditional kampung games, or dress up in a baju kurung or sarong at our photobooth, and fill your night with Instagram-ready photo moments. Venue: Queen Elizabeth Walk (Connaught drive) Nearest MRT: Espanade MRT or Raffles Place Date: 22 October 2016 Time: 5pm to 9pm
Here's how you can enjoy Urban Kampung 2016:
1. Buy tickets online and collect tickets on location to sample satays, redeem other food and a goodie bag, AND vote. OR
2. Not vote but just come to enjoy GIANT Traditional games like GIANT Jenga and Five Stones. You can buy satays from 7-9pm and have a grand picnic.
3. Decide to buy tickets on location. Have a say on who has the best satay in town! Get your tickets at $25 each, and VOTE! Each voting ticket holder is entitled to 2 satay sticks from each of our 8 participating satay masters and freebies from our participating vendors. Tickets will also be sold on the day of the event (limited tickets available).
You can't vote in the U.S. Presidential Elections but you can come and vote for this! We'll see you there!
WANT TO SEE MORE OF SUCH ARTICLES? SUPPORT US!
halalfoodhunt.com is a website listing verified Muslim-owned or Halal Certified food businesses. We started out educating halal foodies on how to know if a food is halal or not when there are no halal certifications. As we received so many enquiries on whether a food business is halal or not, we created halalfoodhunt.com, while letting halal foodies know about the myriad of options open to them! It is a website created and self-funded by local Singaporean Muslims for the Singaporean Muslim community.
If you like what we do, get yourself a FRIENDS Card! The FRIENDS Card allows you to get exclusive deals, invites and savings of between 10-20% at over 60 halal food businesses in Singapore, for only $18/year, including halal restaurants, cafes, bakeries including online e-commerce businesses in Singapore. We want to encourage foodies to explore eating at new halal places. So if you like what we do and want to support us, get a FRIENDS Card for yourself!