The Halal Guys will open the first Indonesian outlet at Senayan City, Jakarta this Friday
Yes, the moment that we are all waiting for! The Halal Guys will have their official Grand Opening for their branch in Indonesia this Friday, 28 April 2017 at Senayan City, Jakarta. You heard it on SIFTED by halalfoodhunt.com first!
Anyone who has been to the Big Apple would agree that the experience of travelling to New York is never complete without a visit to the world famous food cart- The Halal Guys. There’s nothing like marveling at the magnanimity of New York’s local scene while enjoying a hot platter of the delivious halal meat generaously covered in their inimitable sauces. But there’s really no need to take the trip to New York’s 53rd and 6th since Jakarta is just a two hours, short flight away!
The Halal Guys started in 1990 when founding partnerrs, Muhammad Abouelenien, Ahmed Elsaka and Abdelbaset Elsayed, opened a hotdog card on the West 53rd and 6th Avenue. Due to the demand for quick and affordable Halal street food, specifically from the Muslim cab drivers, they decided to convert their cart into the city’s first Halal Street Food cart. Since then, The Halal Guys has steadily become the largest most beloved American halal street food concept in the world, and on the wish list of Singaporeans’ MUST TRY food! An option for the two long weekend holidays in May anyone? (Yes May Day and Vesak Day long weekends are happening this month!)
[UPDATES as of 12:20AM 25/4/2017]
Take a sneak peek at what the store looks like!
It’s located 30 mins away in the CBD area of South Jakarta
Opening Date: 28 April 2017
Senayan City Mall, 5th Floor
Jalan Asia Afrika Lot 19
Every day: 10:00 a.m. – 10:00 p.m.
How do you get there?
- From Singapore, take a flight to Soekarno-Hatta International Airport!
- Drive, or hire a taxi or car.
- From the airport, take the expressway, exit at ‘Senayan’, take left and the main road will lead them to Sencit (local slang for Senayan City)
- Go up the mall, to the 5th floor.
- Find The Halal Guys!
They will have their signature dishes with their two famous sauces
They’ve only got two dishes on the menu and that is Mixed Gyros Rice (Rp. 65,000 or SGD 6.90) and Gyros Rice with Fries (Rp 80,000 or SGD 8.50). Also, their two famous sauces will be available, the white one is mayo and the red one is the super spicy sauce. For the meat, there will be two main types- chicken and lamb with a bit of beef mixed into it. Note, the prices are yet to be confirmed and this is an estimate.
Gyros rice consist of fragrant basmati rice (Indian rice) soaked and marinated with spices and condiments such as meat, vegetables (lettuce, tomatoes, even cabbages), falafel (deep fried chickpea ball) and pita bread.
The average spending per person here is Rp 200.000, or SGD 21.24.
There’s only one The Halal Guys in Indonesia, which is in Jakarta. We’ve heard news from our readers that there are fake ones in Bali so be warned!
Follow them on Instagram: @thehalalguysid for more news!
GET YOUR HANDS ON THE HALAL GUYS EXCLUSIVE MERCHANDISE GIVEAWAY!
Stand a chance to win one of these exclusive prizes!
The Halal Guys thumbdrive, OR
The Halal Guys t-shirts, OR
a limited edition, straight from New York, original, The Halal Guys tumbler,
OR a voucher worth Rupiah 500,000 or SGD 53
(which you can use to try out The Halal Guys food at Senayan City in Jakarta)
All you have to do is:
1. Be the 10th person of the day to purchase the FRIENDS with halalfoodhunt.com Membership card at only $18/year (with code thehalalguys) anytime from 24 April to 6th May April 2017 to win either ONE of these prizes! The FRIENDS card gets you up to 20% discounts at over 80 halal places in Singapore, the only privilege card for halal foodies in Singapore!
2. REMEMBER TO: Key in the code thehalalguys when you check out to qualify yourself for the prizes!
1. Prizes will be given out on the decision of CHOOOSIE Group Pte Ltd, with information to be updated on Instagram @halalfoodhunt on the discretion of CHOOOSIE Group Pte Ltd.
2. Every 10th FRIENDS Card buyer of the day will win one of the merchandise/ voucher
3. Decision is made by the staff/management of CHOOOSIE Group Pte Ltd is final.
4. Award winners will be announced on Instagram & contacted directly.
halalfoodhunt.com is the hunting ground for you to scout for halal food places in Singapore, make reservations at restaurants, as well as to get your latest cravings delivered to you. Be handsomely rewarded for choosing halal when you take it one step further by being FRIENDS with us. Check us out at halalfoodhunt.com!