Krispy Kreme releases Chocolate Glaze Doughnuts for World Chocolate Day but it’s halal only in these 10 countries
Chocolate-glazed doughnuts anyone?
On World Chocolate Day, July 7th, Krispy Kreme will be glazing the globe with an epic experience; the Chocolate Glaze doughnut, giving fans around the world an irresistible chocolate experience.
For the first time in its history, Krispy Kreme Doughnuts will be celebrating World Chocolate Day on a global scale across six continents on Saturday, 7th July 2018. The Krispy Kreme Chocolate Glazed Doughnut features their signature Original Glazed® Doughnut smothered in rich chocolate glaze. Their original glaze that they drizzle on their doughnuts is already a little slice of heaven, so I’m definitely setting a reminder to get this.
In Singapore, stores here will launch the Chocolate Glaze Doughnut at 0001 Hours at the outlets Krispy Kreme Changi Airport T2 and T3. The remaining outlets will launch the product at start of normal trading hours. The doughnuts will be available in the stores till 31st July and on a while stocks last basis for $2.95 a piece.
This is the first time that the doughnuts will be available worldwide as a part of the company’s “Glaze the Globe” campaign for the Chocolate Glazed Doughnut international roll-out.
They even enlisted the American Basketball superstar Shaquille O’Neal to help get everyone hyped for the big Chocolate Glazed Doughnut roll-out day. He’s learned how to say “chocolate” in 327 different languages. I’d like to try it out myself.
World Chocolate Day celebrations will start off in New Zealand
The worldwide celebration will kick off in Auckland, New Zealand at their local Krispy Kreme location, where there will be a midnight celebration that’ll start off the World Chocolate Day global event.
Countries participating include: New Zealand, Russia, Australia, Japan, South Korea, Taiwan, Philippines, Malaysia, Cambodia, Thailand, Singapore, India, Bangladesh, United Arab Emirates, Saudi Arabia, Kuwait, Turkey, South Africa, Nigeria, United Kingdom, Iceland, Canada, United States, Dominican Republic, Peru, Panama, Mexico, Guatemala.
Not all Krispy Kreme around the world are Halal
Here’s a list of countries with Halal-Certified chains.
1. Singapore: All outlets are Halal-certified by MUIS (source: halalfoodhunt’s verified directory, Krispy Kreme Singapore’s Official website)
2. Malaysia: All outlets are Halal-Certified by Jabatan Agama Islam Selangor (JAIS) (Source: Krispy Kreme Malaysia’s official website)
3. Australia: Only their core donut series are Halal-Certified (Source: Krispy Kreme Australia’s official website)
4. United Kingdom: Halal-certified by local Halal Food Authority (Source: Krispy Kreme UK’s official website)
5. Saudi Arabia: Halal-Certified by local authorities (Source: Krispy Kreme Middle East’s official website)
6. UAE: Halal-Certified by local authorities (Source: Krispy Kreme Middle East’s official website)
7. Kuwait: Halal-Certified by local authorities (Source: Krispy Kreme Middle East’s official website)
8. Bahrain: Halal-Certified by local authorities (Source: Krispy Kreme Middle East’s official website)
9. Qatar: Halal-Certified by local authorities (Source: Krispy Kreme Middle East’s official website)
10. Indonesia: Halal-certified by Majlis Ugama Islam (Source: See Tweet below)
Krispy Kreme Doughnuts & Coffee Indonesia sudah dinyatakan halal oleh MUI.
Enjoy no worries, KK Friends! pic.twitter.com/cnRGElrWzz
— KrispyKremeIndonesia (@KrispyKremeIndo) April 27, 2014