Sometimes, going back to hearty Malay recipes still makes for the most comforting and familiar breakfast. Inspired by the traditional recipes we grew up with, this Ikan Bilis Fritters recipe brings us back to our childhood days when mom used to cook for us or when the aunts or grandmas are determined to feed you.
- 2 Cups Plain Flour
- 1 Teaspoon Baking Soda
- 1/2 Cup Medium Sized Ikan Bilis
- 1 Red Chilli, Chopped
- Oil for Frying
- 3/4 Cup Water
- 1 Tablespoon Baking Powder
- 1 Teaspoon Salt
- 1 Medium Sized Onion, Peeled and Diced
- 1 Green Chilli, Chopped
- 1 Egg
- Whisk everything in a bowl until smooth.
- Heat oil in a medium sized frying wok.
- Drop spoonfuls of the batter into the oil and cook on each side for about 2 minutes or until golden brown.
- Serve with a warm pot of pandan tea and some chili sauce.
halalfoodhunt.com is the hunting ground for you to scout for halal food places in Singapore, make reservationsat restaurants, as well as to get your latest cravings delivered to you. Be handsomely rewarded for choosing halal when you take it one step further by being our FRIEND. Check us out at halalfoodhunt.com!