A scrumptious and cookielicious breakfast, this Breakfast Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies is a flourless recipe that will surprise you. They are delicious and addictive, especially when its just fresh from the oven. The oats make for a filling meals and the chocolate chips add that yummy sweetness that will have you falling in love with these cookies!
Makes 15-18 Cookies
- 3/4 Cup Oat Flour (Regular Oats Blended)
- 1/2 Cup Old-Fashioned Oats
- 1/4 Cup Quick Oats
- 3/4 Teaspoon Baking Soda
- 1 Teaspoon Cinnamon
- Pinch of Salt
- 1 1/2 Teaspoons Vanilla Extract
- 1 Large Egg
- 4 Tablespoons Brown Sugar, Lightly Packed
- 1/2 Cup Coconut Oil
- 1/2 Cup Dark Chocolate Chips
- Take regular old fashioned oats or quick oats and blend them until they resemble a flour or powder in a blender or food processor.
- If you don’t have quick oats, pulse old fashioned oats a few times in a blender or food processor until they resemble quick oats.
- In a medium-sized bowl, stir together the oat flour (measured after blending NOT before), old- fashioned oats, quick oats, baking soda, cinnamon, and salt.
- In another bowl, stir together the vanilla extract, large egg, and brown sugar. Add in coconut oil. Stir until well combined.
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and stir until just combined. Fold in the dark chocolate chips.
- Cover the dough tightly and chill the dough for 30 minutes to an hour or until the dough has hardened enough to scoop out cookie balls. The coconut oil needs a little bit of time in the fridge to firm up again.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Using a cookie scoop (and pack these in the scoop very tightly or they may crumble), scoop out balls of the dough onto a parchment lined cookie sheet. Press a few more chocolate chips in the tops if desired.
- Depending on the size, bake for 7-9 minutes or until very lightly browned around the edges. They may look a little underdone in the center, but they are the very best slightly under-baked and they will harden after cooling.
- Remove from the oven and allow to stay on the baking sheet for another 2 minutes before removing to a wire cooling rack.
halalfoodhunt.com is the hunting ground for you to scout for halal food places in Singapore, make reservationsat restaurants, as well as to get your latest cravings delivered to you. Be handsomely rewarded for choosing halal when you take it one step further by being our FRIEND. Check us out at halalfoodhunt.com!